Meeting was focused on planning for March 14 event: Save Our Community: Fight Foreclosure!
- We need to find 5 people at GA on Sunday who will dedicate their time to see this event happen. Their commitment only has to last for three weeks
- Encourage people to take this issue to the other groups they are a part of and to increase excitement/buy-in
- We need to be reminding people that this event will “turn the tide on organizing around foreclosure in Greensboro” (Marnie, Feb. 23, 2012, personal communication).
- Kevin and Bobbie will bottomline recruitment of support volunteers
- One of the goals for the premiere is to connect people to the help that they need
- Christina and Tom will bottomline the interactive Foreclosure Storycore project
- Mitch and Cindy are bottomlining/working on the other resources for the 14th
- Julie is bottomlining work on fraud detection
- Dave is bottomlining getting a link on the front page of the website
- We need to send the link to as many of our contacts as possible and encourage them to forward it as well
- Nathan has sent us the draft of the first press release. We have until 8:00 AM on Friday to provide any feedback
- The information on the press releases will increase weekly
- If you have information to include on a press release, including new relationships with groups (such as possibly the IRC), contact Nathan.
- Our trailer has been approved by MoveOn National, but will only be sent out several days beforehand
- Nathan will try to convince MoveOn that we should be vetting the emails several times before the premiere
- Mo will get them translated
- People are taking the flyers wherever they go
- Copies will be available at Glenwood Coffee & Books as well as F4DC office. Contact Dave R. for copies
- People should flyer everywhere and talk to everyone that they can about the event & issue
- Kevin and Bobbie will bottomline mailing flyers to addresses listed in Foreclosures Notices in the newspaper
- Nathan is going to contact Huffington Post
Next week’s meeting: Bobbie is facilitating, Todd is notetaking