Facilitator: Maria R.
Stack keeper: John K.
Note keeper: Andrew S.
Ground rules: Do not interrupt those who are speaking. Assume the good intent of all concerned. Cut each other slack. Participate in the use of a stack system to determine speaking order. Step up your attention to listening or step up your input to the group. Keep a sense of humor. Review of hand signals.
Working group reports:
- The Occupy Congress Working Group attended a statewide General Assembly in Raleigh yesterday.
- The Foreclosure Working Group is preparing for its showing of “Let’s Lose Our House,” a film on foreclosures. The film will be shown at Carolina Theatre on 14 March, and the foreclosure group needs assistance planning for and staging the event.
- The Civil Liberties Working Group attempted to meet at 5:30 Thursday, but only a couple of people were able to meet. The Civil Liberties Working Group may change its meeting time.
- The Collective-Action/Anti-Oppression Working Group met at 6:30 Friday to discuss tensions that arise in Facebook discussions and environmental aspects of oppressive dynamics.
- The Art/Communication/Media Working Group met at 1:00 Sunday to discuss making a Foreclosure Working Group press release, designing a Tumblr page, consolidating the Occupy GSO Facebook pages, interacting with local media, updating the website to improve user experience, and planning an event to produce flyers for citywide distribution.
- The Employment Working Group met at 9:00 Saturday morning to discuss how to assist people in the community who are seeking work can distribute their resumes.
- Glenwood Coffee and Books has signed on to the We Are Campaign; the organizers of the campaign wish to gain support in organizing a rally to be held 28 April.
- Glenwood Coffee and Books will host a night of celebration in opposition to NC Proposed Amendment One in mid-March or April; see Mo K. for details.
- Rapid response email list; see James D. for details.
- Occupy Charlotte Working Group making preparations for the DNC in September and expanding its horizons; the group is changing its name to “Occupy Solidarity;” see Matt D. and James D. for details.
- Those interesting in a working group on social currency should meet with Matt D; meetings will be Thursday, 2:00-3:00.
- Website training to run the OGSO website will be on 3 March at 2:00. Contact Dave R. for details.
- Three members of OGSO will be participating in the Left Form; if anyone would like to join last minute, contact Michael R. or Cindy before the end of Monday, 27 February.
- A 28 April conference will be held about rendition flights departing from NC; contact Michael R. for more information.
- A local photographer asked for a temperature check about participant willingness to be photographed for a social justice blog.
- A dispute resolution co-op is being organized; the next meeting will be on Saturday, 3 March, at 10:00; see Kate and Paul L. for details.
- The Collection will play at Glenwood Coffee and Books after our meeting; their performance will be preceded by a pot luck.
- Solidarity action with Appalachian State University students. Proposal to stand in solidarity with students protesting against sexual violence and administrative neglect of sexual violence on the ASU campus. The protest will be in Boone on 2 March at 1:45. CONSENSUS
- Press release for the Foreclosure Working Group. The Foreclosure Working Group presented a press release for distribution to local media. CONSENSUS
- Shifting political discussion from Facebook to the OGSO website. Proposal to move political correspondence and organizing activity (as for working groups and actions) to the OGSO website. TABLED AND REFERRED TO ART/MEDIA/COMMUNICATION GROUP
- Administration of the Facebook group and its use as a forum for political discussion and organization DISCUSSED
- 14 March assistance DISCUSSED
- OGSO money in Wells-Fargo DISCUSSED SOMEWHAT BUT TRANSFERRED TO TUESDAY’S AGENDA
- DNC strategy TABLED FOR LACK OF TIME
- Facilitator: Mark
- Stack keeper: Mo
- Note keeper: Thom
- Facilitator: Matt
- Stack keeper: Lynn
- Note keeper: John K.