- Discussion of our presentation at the GA on Sunday 5/20.
- We have been invited to give a presentation at a church, upcoming
- Recruitment of organizers for canvassing
- All materials given to Nathan, who only now needs dates and discriptions for upcoming events. Emiley will call him with the dates for meetings, creative writing sessions, and orientation for canvassing program. Emiley and Val will be the contact persons for press information.
- First Orientation for Canvassing Program: Thursday June 28th from 5:30-8:30 at Glenwood.
- Canvassing on Thursdays (6 weeks beginning on July 5).
Discussion about anti-fracking action
- Kate attended anti-fracking rally in Raleigh on 5/19. Many NC organizations were represented. This is a good opportunity to connect with other organizations and our Greensboro community about keeping fracking out of NC. Kate will write an email to rapid release and discussion forum for OGSO, including a comprehensive article, petition, and legislator contact info.
- A movie called Split Estates just showed at the Riverrun Film Festival in Winston this year that was very good. A/peture showed it.
“OGSO Energy Summer”
- Inspired by the history of Martin Luther King Junior’s Vietnam Summer of 1967, the Occupy Greensboro Energy Working Group would like to announce the Occupy Energy Summer of 2012. This summer, the Occupy Greensboro Energy Working Group will host a series of programs and events in order to raise awareness about problems related to fracking, coal, and nuclear energy in NC; pending legislation such as the CWIP bill (Construction Work in Progress, also known as the Duke Energy Annual Rate Hike) and to raise awareness of sustainable energy sources and energy alternatives. Activities include:
- Summer Energy Internship
- Collaborative Writing and Airing of a Radio Drama
- Weekly door-to-door Canvassing of experiences and opinions about energy and alternative resources
- Community Movie and Discussion nights about energy resources
- For more information, please contact Val and Emiley.
Recruitment of summer internships
- Career offices at area colleges and university, high schools will be closing soon for summer.
- Valerie will write a blurb for PTA Morningstar, Glenwood Neighborhood association.
- Activities for YesWeekly and GoTriad.
- When we go canvassing, we should recruit and leave calling cards.
- Posting flyers at Greensboro Parks and Rec community centers
- Church youth groups
New Facebook Page
Use OGSO logo for profile pic, people can “like” the page and add to our online presence.
- Kate-make event for canvassing and send OGSO website
- Kate – draft schedule of canvassing for June and hand off before trip
- Recruit for Canvassing Program
- Val – blurb MSA about program
- Al- post to Glenwood list serve
- Val – post to GW facebook
- Emiley – make flyer
- Val –send info to Christina at Central library
- Al –take to Glenwood library
- Val – take to Glenwood rec
- Emily – organize food for Movie
- Val –reminder email to Ed about sound system
- Val – meet Ed @12 for set up PA
- Kate – set up event for movie
- Emiley – send a reminder about the May 30 radio drama
- Next Energy Meeting – June 6
- Announce at GA – May 27 – Emily, June 3 – Kate
- Al announce at Tuesday GA – May 29 and June 5
- Al email all interested parties and get with Ken to make phone calls
- Emiley- finalize press release with Nat