Facilitator: No facilitator
- Welcome to first time comer, Veronica
- Ground rules
- Hand signals
- Website workshop last Friday by Dave: Three new people ready to put some fresh energy and ideas to update the website and help advertise the working groups, post meeting minutes.
- Energy Working Group: CITY play took place at Elsewhere on Friday Aug 24 – SUCCESS! Next meeting on Wednesday September 5 from 7-9 at Glenwood. Connie from NC WARN will be joining us. We will also be working on the radio drama, setting dates for casting/ recording
- Employment Working Group: Back together again thanks to Paul. Focusing on employment needs for ex-cons, released from prison.
- Free University happening on Tuesday nights at 6:30 at Glenwood: This week, 9/4, will focus on the DNC in Charlotte. Following weeks are open to discussion.
- Friday 9/7 at 7 Lit Reading at Glenwood
- Saturday 9/8 at 4 Poetry Reading by Mark Smith-Soto
- Thursday 9/13 Participatory Budgeting Teach-In, contact Al for location and details (AlBrilliant@gmail.com)
- Thursday 9/20 Citizens United Resolution Teach-In at Elon School of Law at 6:30
- Occupy Greensboro Anniversary Day Sunday, October 14: Brought by Mark, consensus passed by GA, with further discussion next week at GA.
Afternoon activities at Festival Park:
– 2:00-4:00 free university teach ins, bottom lined by Al
– 4:00-6:00 General Assembly
– Return to Glenwood Coffee and Books for Potluck 6:00-7:00
– Energy city play 7:00- 8:00
– Benefit music and art show to raise legal funds for Chris and Mo, 8:00- 11:00
– Bands – If we want we could pay bands a percentage of door $5.00 suggested donation
– Cost Rent for Book shop on Sun Oct 14 $50 -$100??
Needs for organizing:
– GA: Need 1 facilitator, 1 stack keeper, 1 Note-taker, 1 Mood-gauger.
– Benefit: 1 to 3 persons to bottom line benefit get bands, artwork , coordinate with MO etc.
– Press release: hope to draw attention and some returning members from last year’s march and re-launch the website.
- Actions and encampment by Occupy Charlotte at DNC and police response
- Discussion of working groups participation/ accountability to General Assembly and
- Re-energizing of OGSO